Hakonechloa macra 'Sunflare™'#PP27734
More About Hakonechloa macra 'Sunflare™' (PP27734)
- Low mound with cascading habit
- Gold leaves tipped with red
- Red foliage accents intensify in the autumn
- Yellow-green seed heads persist through winter
- Bloom Time: Late summer to early fall
- Grass Type: Warm Season
Warm Season Grasses: These grasses are much slower starting in the spring. They do not push new growth until temperatures warm in early to midsummer. They flower later in the summer or fall with most blooms remaining into the winter. Most warm season grasses tolerate heat, humidity and drought; some even thrive in these conditions.
Sunflare™ Japanese Forest Grass Growing and Maintenance Tips
This Hakonechloa cultivar dislikes full sun. Best in a cool, moist, well-drained soil. Prune in late winter or early spring to make room for new growth.
Hakonechloa macra 'Sunflare™' (PP27734) Characteristics
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall