Ginkgo biloba 'Ohazuki'
More About Ginkgo biloba 'Ohazuki'
- AKA Ginkgo biloba 'Epiphylla', Gingko biloba 'Ohatsuki'
- Upright, broad, spreading habit
- Fascinating foliage is semi-circular in shape
- Fruit stalks are fused to the leaf stakes
- Foliage emerges green in colour late in the spring
- Leaves turn golden-yellow in the fall
'Ohatsuki' is a female cultivar with large leaves.
The Japanese word means "leaf and fruit-stalk fused".
Maidenhair Tree Growing and Maintenance Tips
When the leaves drop, they drop rapidly, forming a golden carpet around the tree. Ginkgo have no serious insect or disease problems, making it a low maintenance plant.
Ginkgo biloba 'Ohazuki' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Landscape usesScreening (privacy)