Gillenia trifoiata 'Pink Profusion'#COPF
More About Gillenia trifoiata 'Pink Profusion' (COPF)
- AKA Porteranthus trifoliatus 'Pink Profusion'
- Dainty, star-shaped, pink flowers appear on deep red stems
- Attractive, red cups (calyces) remain long after the petals have fallen
- Sharply serrated, deep green leaves emerge bronze and mature to dark green by midsummer
- Foliage turns a deep bronze-red in the autumn
- Airy, open, growth habit; excellent when massed
- Bloom Time: Mid to late summer
- Flower Height: 75 cm
- Foliage Height: 55 cm
Bowman's Root Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in a moist to average, well-drained soil, however, it will also tolerate both wet and dry conditions once established. Needs full sun in the morning and dappled shade in the afternoon. When grown in too much shade or rich soils gillenia may become leggy. Relatively slow to establish.
Gillenia trifoiata 'Pink Profusion' (COPF) Characteristics
Moist to Average