Geranium macrorrhizum 'Variegatum'
Also called Scented Cranesbill
More About Geranium macrorrhizum 'Variegatum'
- Deep magenta pink flowers rise slightly above the foliage
- Attractive, cranesbill-like, seed heads follow the flowers
- Leaves are deeply lobed and hairy
- Mid-green leaves are irregularly edged and splashed with creamy-yellow
- Foliage has a strong, citronella scent when crushed
- Forms an attractive, ground cover
- Bloom Time: Late spring to early summer
- Flower Size: 2.5 cm
Variegated Bigroot Geranium Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in an average to dry, well-drained soil, in full sun to partial shade and adapts well to dry, shady conditions. Macrorrhizum cultivars require little pruning to maintain their shape throughout the season. A light pruning may be necessary to remove flower stems. Spreads by shallow rhizomes. Variegated foliage may revert back to green with time so remove green foliage when discovered.
Geranium macrorrhizum 'Variegatum' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum