Geranium macrorrhizum 'Bevan's Variety'
Also called Scented Cranesbill
More About Geranium macrorrhizum 'Bevan's Variety'
- Deep magenta-pink flowers rise slightly above the foliage
- Attractive, cranesbill-like seed heads follow the flowers
- Leaves are deeply lobed, mid-green and hairy
- Foliage has a strong, citronella scent when crushed
- Forms an attractive, ground cover
- Foliage turns reddish-bronze in autumn
- Bloom Time: Mid to late spring
- Flower Size: 2.5 cm
Bigroot Geranium Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in an average to dry, well-drained soil, in full sun to partial shade and adapts well to dry, shady conditions. Macrorrhizum cultivars require little pruning to maintain their shape throughout the season. A light pruning may be necessary to remove flower stems. Spreads by shallow rhizomes.
Geranium macrorrhizum 'Bevan's Variety' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils