Gaillardia x grandiflora 'Arizona Apricot'#COPF
Gaillardia x grandiflora 'Arizona Apricot' - Blanket Flower - Photo courtesy of Walters Gardens, Inc.
More About Gaillardia x grandiflora 'Arizona Apricot' (COPF)
- Dwarf selection of blanket flower
- Apricot with yellow tips and a dark yellow centre
- Leaves are elongated, hairy and grayish-green
- Heat and drought tolerant
- Neat, mounding habit
- Attracts butterflies
- Bloom Time: Summer to early fall
Blanket Flower Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in an average to dry, well-drained soil, in full sun. Too much shade will cause gaillardia to grow leggy and flop over. Although a little moisture is needed, they are quite drought and heat tolerant. Will not grow well in a heavy, clay-based soil. Deadheading will improve the overall appearance and extend bloom time.
Gaillardia x grandiflora 'Arizona Apricot' (COPF) Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall