More About Fraxinus nigra
- Open crown, with ascending branches
- Winter buds are dark brown with a velvety texture
- Compound, oval to lance-shaped, green leaves
- The bark is gray, thick and corky even on young trees
- Fall foliage is a bright yellow colour
Native to Ontario and parts of North America.
Black Ash Growing and Maintenance Tips
Black ash typically grows in wet, bog-like conditions, and needs adequate drainage to prevent stagnant water.
Fraxinus nigra Characteristics
Native to Ontario
Moist to Average
Moist to Wet Soils