Filipendula rubra 'Venusta'
Also called Meadowsweet
More About Filipendula rubra 'Venusta'
- AKA Filipendula rubra 'Venusta Magnifica'
- Deep pink to carmine flower clusters
- Flowers fade to a softer pink as they age
- Dark green, pinnately divided leaves on tall stems
- Classic, accent plant
- Bloom Time: Mid to late summer
- Flower Size: 20 cm
Queen of the Prairie Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in a consistently moist to wet soil, in full sun to partial shade. Prune spent flowers and trim foliage to encourage new growth and airflow. Partial, afternoon shade is recommended in hot summers. Prone to powdery mildew.
Filipendula rubra 'Venusta' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Wet Soils
Moist to Average