Fallopia japonica var. compacta
More About Fallopia japonica var. compacta
- AKA Polygonum 'Reynoutria', Polygonum compactum, Polygonum pictum 'Compacta'
- Clusters of small, white to pale pink flowers
- Blooms age to deep pink or red
- Heart-shaped, green leaves, up to 6 cm long
- Foliage turns red as the season cools
- Bloom Time: Late summer
Dwarf Japanese Knotweed Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in an average to moist, well-drained soil, in full sun to partial shade. Holds foliage colour and flowers best in full sun, however, will thrive in drier, partly shady locations as well. Spreads semi-aggressively by underground rhizomes in optimum conditions.
Fallopia japonica var. compacta Characteristics
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall