Fallopia japonica 'Variegata'
Also called Variegated Mountain Fleece
More About Fallopia japonica 'Variegata'
- Large clusters of fragrant, tiny, white flowers
- New spring growth emerges a deep coral-pink fading by midsummer
- Heart-shaped leaves are variegated with irregular splashes of dark green on a creamy-white background
- Stems are red and provide a strong contrast of colour all season long
- Great foliage for fresh flower arrangements
- Bloom Time: Summer
Japanese Knotweed Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in full sun to partial shade and tolerant of most soil types. This long-lived perennial is very drought tolerant once established and is a nice backdrop for other plants. Although tall, Fallopia japonica 'Variegata' rarely requires staking. Prune back to the crown of the plant in early spring to encourage a bushier habit.
Fallopia japonica 'Variegata' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall