Fallopia baldschuanica 'Summer Sunshine' (Acofal)
Also called Mile-A-Minute Vine, Fleece Vine, Silverlace Vine
More About Fallopia baldschuanica Summer Sunshine ('Acofal')
- AKA Bilderdykia baldschuanica 'Summer Sunshine', Polygonum baldschuanica 'Summer Sunshine'
- Broad, drooping panicles of tiny, white flowers
- Red stems may make the flower appear a pale pink
- Gold, heart-shaped leaves, 10 cm long
- Not as vigorous as the species
- Bloom Time: Midsummer to fall
Summer Sunshine Russian Vine Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in an average to dry, well-drained soil, in full sun to partial shade. Will adapt to most soil conditions. Because of its twining habit, a supporting structure is needed. In early spring, a hard pruning to about 60 cm can be done, or pruning the new shoots throughout the season will maintain its size and shape.
Fallopia baldschuanica Summer Sunshine ('Acofal') Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall