Fagus sylvatica 'Dawyck Green'
More About Fagus sylvatica 'Dawyck Green'
- AKA Fagus sylvatica 'Fastigiata'
- Broad, columnar form, with upright branches
- Elliptical leaves, with a slightly wavy margin, are dark green
- Fall foliage turns a copper colour
- Leaves will stay on the tree long into the winter
Dawyck Green Beech Growing and Maintenance Tips
Excellent as an individual specimen, in a small grouping in the landscape, or planted in rows for screening or privacy. European beech thrives in a rich, moist, well-drained soil, in full sun or partial shade. Very little pruning is necessary to maintain its shape.
Fagus sylvatica 'Dawyck Green' Characteristics
Moist to Average