Fagus sylvatica 'Asplenifolia'
More About Fagus sylvatica 'Asplenifolia'
- Pyramidal when young, grows to a rounded, oval crown
- Typically a low-branched tree
- Fine-cut, green leaves with a fern-like appearance
- Foliage turns a golden-bronze in the fall
- Will produce the typical nut of the genus
Fernleaf Beech Growing and Maintenance Tips
A beautiful specimen for any landscape or park area. Its cutleaf foliage gives it a very fine texture. European beech grow best in a rich, moist, well-drained soil, in full sun or partial shade. Very little pruning is necessary to maintain its shape.
Fagus sylvatica 'Asplenifolia' Characteristics
Moist to Average