Eupatorium rugosum 'Chocolate'
Also called White Snakeroot
More About Eupatorium rugosum 'Chocolate'
- AKA Eupatorium ageratoides 'Chocolate', Eupatorium urticifolium 'Chocolate', Ageratina altissima 'Chocolate'
- Long-lasting, pure white, fluffy flowers in tight clusters
- Flowers appear on deep, shiny, upright, purple stems
- Sharply serrated, lance-shaped leaves in a rich purple tone with green undersides
- Excellent, colour contrasting plant
- Bloom Time: Early to late fall
Boneset Growing and Maintenance Tips
Often late to emerge in the spring, they grow best in an average, medium to wet, well-drained soil, in full sun to partial shade. Very adaptable to most conditions and become drought tolerant once established. In full sun and extended dry periods leaves may scorch. Pinch back stems in June to encourage a more compact, bushy plant. If planted in deep shade, eupatorium will become leggy and require staking. The overall height and width of eupatorium can vary depending on its growing conditions. Spent flowers can be left for winter interest and food for birds.
Eupatorium rugosum 'Chocolate' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall