Euonymus fortunei 'Vegetus'
Also called Vegetus Wintercreeper
More About Euonymus fortunei 'Vegetus'
- Inconspicuous, green flowers
- Berries produced in June split in the fall to reveal orange seeds
- Glossy, cupped, medium-green leaves retain their colour in the fall
- Spreading, mounding habit
- Will climb if provided with a structure
- Bloom Time: Spring
Bigleaf Wintercreeper Euonymus Growing and Maintenance Tips
Euonymus can tolerate a range of soils and conditions, but have no tolerance for standing water. 'Vegetus' makes an excellent ground cover, re-rooting where it touches the ground.
Euonymus fortunei 'Vegetus' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Average to Dry Soils
Foliage ColorGreen (dark)
Landscape usesFoundation planting