Epimedium x youngianum 'Niveum'
Also called Bishop's Hat
More About Epimedium x youngianum 'Niveum'
- Pure white, star-shaped flowers rise above the foliage, on thin, wiry stems
- Blooms later in the spring than other cultivars of epimedium
- Fine-toothed, triangular leaves emerge red and fade to green with a red tinge
- Colour deepens to a red again in the fall
- Not evergreen like others in the genus
- Bloom Time: Early to late spring
Epimedium x youngianum 'Niveum' is a cross between Epimedium diphyllum and Epimedium grandiflorum.
Barrenwort Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in an average to moist, well-drained soil in partial shade. Epimedium spread by rhizomes and are slow to establish. Once established, they make a tidy, ground cover for dry, shady locations. Pruning in late winter will encourage fresh leaves and profuse flowers.
Epimedium x youngianum 'Niveum' Characteristics
Moist to Average