Epimedium x perralchicum 'Frohnleiten'
Also called Bishop's Hat
More About Epimedium x perralchicum 'Frohnleiten'
- Butter-yellow flowers with a small, bronze centre
- Flowers rise slightly above foliage
- Semi-evergreen, spiny, heart-shaped leaflets are bronze-marbled in the spring
- Foliage matures a bright green in the summer and turns back to bronze-marbled in the cool seasons
- Bloom Time: Early to late spring
- Flower Size: 2.5 cm
Barrenwort Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in an average to moist, well-drained soil, in partial shade. Epimedium spread by rhizomes and are slow to establish. Once established, they make a tidy, ground cover for dry, shady locations. Pruning in late winter will encourage fresh leaves and profuse flowers.
Epimedium x perralchicum 'Frohnleiten' Characteristics
Moist to Average