More About Elaeagnus angustifolia
- Small, fragrant, inconspicuous, yellow flowers
- Yellow fruits in late summer
- Silvery leaves and twigs keep their colour all season
- Airy, loose, upright, vase-shaped habit
- Thorns on most twigs and even older branches
- Bloom Time: Early summer
Invasive in Ontario and other parts of North America.
Russian Olive Growing and Maintenance Tips
Salt, drought, and poor soil tolerant, it provides a silvery backdrop to almost any garden. Russian olives can be trained or pruned into a tree form, however, note that it can become loose and airy if not pruned occasionally.
Elaeagnus angustifolia Characteristics
Moist to Average
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum