Dictamnus albus 'Albiflorus'
Also called White Dittany, Burning Bush
More About Dictamnus albus 'Albiflorus'
- AKA Dictamnus fraxinella 'Alba'
- White, star-shaped flowers with dark veining
- Flowers form spiked clusters on sturdy stems
- Flowers give way to attractive, star-shaped, seed pods
- Clump forming perennial with leathery, lance-shaped, lemon-scented leaves
- Bloom Time: Midsummer
- Flower Size: 2.5 cm
On hot days the flowers emit a gas that is said to be flammable.
Gas Plant Growing and Maintenance Tips
Best grown in an average to dry, well-drained soil, in full sun or partial shade. May benefit from a little lime being added to the soil. Once established, dictamnus does not like to be disturbed. It takes many years to reach full maturity and can live a long time. No serious disease or insect issues.
Dictamnus albus 'Albiflorus' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Moist to Average