Dicentra spectabilis 'Gold Heart'#CPBR0974, COPF
Also called Golden-leaved Bleeding Heart
More About Dicentra spectabilis 'Gold Heart' (CPBR0974, COPF)
- AKA Lamprocapnos spectabilis 'Gold Heart'
- Deep pink, heart-shaped flowers cling to arching stems
- Flowers have white petals protruding out the bottom of the flowers
- Brilliant, metallic-gold foliage with reddish stems
- Incredible colour contrast!
- Bloom Time: May to June
Bleedingheart Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in a cool, moist soil that is fertile, humus, rich and well-drained, in partial to full shade. Providing the plant has adequate moisture, it also grows well in sun, but may go dormant faster. Dicentra benefit if some of the main stems are tipped back to about half after flowering, to produce a more compact and sturdy plant. Protect from strong winds, but does not require staking. Plants do not like to be divided and are not prone to any serious insect or disease problems.
Dicentra spectabilis 'Gold Heart' (CPBR0974, COPF) Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum