Dicentra formosa 'Luxuriant'
More About Dicentra formosa 'Luxuriant'
- AKA Dicentra eximia 'Luxuriant'
- Everblooming, deep pink, heart-shaped flowers on arching stems
- Fern-like, bluish-green foliage has a tidy, compact habit
- Sun and heat tolerant and needs moisture to continue blooming
- Bloom Time: May throughout the summer
Fern-leaved Bleedingheart Growing and Maintenance Tips
Thrives in a moist, fertile, humus, rich soil that is well-drained. Dicentras need protection from the hot, afternoon sun. Pinch back spent flowers to encourage a longer bloom time. If the soil dries out, it may push the plant into premature dormancy.
Dicentra formosa 'Luxuriant' Characteristics
Moist to Average