Delphinium elatum 'Pink Punch'
Series: New Millennium™
More About Delphinium elatum 'Pink Punch'
- Rich mulberry-pink flowers are often "frilled" with a white, brown or pink centres
- One of the deepest pink delphiniums available
- Sturdy, upright stems have large, deeply divided, mid-green leaves
- Attracts butterflies and hummingbirds
- Bred for their improved vigour and heat tolerance
- Bloom Time: Summer
The genus name 'Delphinium' originates from the Greek word Delphis, for "dolphin", as the individual flowers resemble a dolphin's nose.
Larkspur Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in a fertile, well-drained, average to moist soil, in full sun. Shelter from strong winds is recommended. May require staking when the plant is about 30-40 cm tall. When new shoots appear in spring, remove all but two or three of the strongest stems for good, quality, flower spikes. On more established plants, leave five to seven, strong shoots. Deadheading may produce later blooms. Delphiniums can be short-lived (2-3 yrs), although the 'New Millennium Series' have been bred to withstand more heat and humidity and are cold-hardy.
Delphinium elatum 'Pink Punch' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average