Also called Red Hawthorn
More About Crataegus mollis
- Densely branched, rounded crown
- Branches are covered in white flowers
- Flowers are followed by berries, ripening yellow-red to scarlet
- Leaves are oval-shaped, lobed, with serrated margins
- Foliage becomes yellow to bronze in autumn
- Bloom Time: Spring
Native to Ontario and parts of North America.
Downy Hawthorn Growing and Maintenance Tips
One of the larger, growing crataegus, this plant can provide a beautiful show of flowers in the spring and colourful berries in the fall. Careful placement of this plant should be heeded, as the thorns can cause injury.
Crataegus mollis Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils