Cornus x 'Stellar Pink' (Rutgan)#PP7207
More About Cornus x Stellar Pink ('Rutgan') (PP7207)
- Soft pink, overlapping, very showy flowers
- Sterile (producing no fruit), with resistance to diseases
- Drooping, glossy, green leaves
- Fall colour is scarlet to red, some purple
- Upright clump of tiered, horizontal branches
- Bloom Time: Spring
The showy flowers seen on some cornus cultivars are actually bracts surrounding the smaller, inconspicuous flower in the centre.
Stellar Pink Dogwood Growing and Maintenance Tips
Does not like full afternoon sun, even with shaded roots. Grows best in medium moisture and an acidic, well-drained soil.
Cornus x Stellar Pink ('Rutgan') (PP7207) Characteristics
Moist to Average
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeEarly Spring