Cornus mas 'Aurea'
Suitable Substitutions for Cornus mas 'Aurea'
More About Cornus mas 'Aurea'
- Small, yellow flowers bloom before forsythia
- Oval, glossy, red fruit, held in clusters, attractive to birds
- Golden in the spring, fading to a lime-green colour
- Drooping foliage turns dull purple in the fall
- Bark on mature wood exfoliates for winter interest
- Bloom Time: Spring
Golden Leaf Cornelian-cherry Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in medium moisture and an acidic, well-drained soil, however, they will tolerate a range of soils and light levels. Can be grown as a specimen tree or shrub.
Cornus mas 'Aurea' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeEarly Spring