Cornus kousa var. chinensis
More About Cornus kousa var. chinensis
- White flowers fading to pink
- Spherical, red fruit are held singly and resemble raspberries
- Drooping, dark green foliage
- Fall colour is scarlet to red-purple
- Narrow when young, wider with age
- Bloom Time: Late spring
The showy flowers seen on Cornus kousa cultivars are actually bracts surrounding the smaller, inconspicuous flower in the centre.
Chinese Flowering Dogwood Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in medium moisture and an acidic, well-drained soil, however, they will tolerate a range of light levels. Can be grown as a specimen tree or shrub.
Cornus kousa var. chinensis Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Average to Dry Soils