Cornus kousa 'Scarlet Fire®' (Rutpink)#PP28311
More About Cornus kousa Scarlet Fire® ('Rutpink') (PP28311)
- Darkest and most-consistently pink-bracted to date
- Medium to large bracts are pointed and generally non-overlapping
- Drooping, glossy green leaves
- Fall colour is scarlet to red, some purple
- Upright clump of tiered, horizontal branches
- Bloom Time: Spring
The showy flowers seen on some cornus cultivars are actually bracts surrounding the smaller, inconspicuous flower in the centre.
Scarlet Fire® Dogwood Growing and Maintenance Tips
Does not like full afternoon sun, even with shaded roots. Grows best in medium moisture and an acidic, well-drained soil.
Cornus kousa Scarlet Fire® ('Rutpink') (PP28311) Characteristics
Moist to Average
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeEarly Spring