Cornus kousa 'Satomi'
More About Cornus kousa 'Satomi'
- Pink-red flowers are later than other kousa cultivars
- Spherical, red fruit are held singly and resemble raspberries
- Drooping, dark green leaves
- Fall colour scarlet to red-purple
- Narrow when young, wider with age
- Bloom Time: late spring
The showy flowers seen on Cornus kousa cultivars are actually bracts surrounding the smaller, inconspicuous flower in the centre.
Satomi Flowering Dogwood Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in medium-moisture and an acidic, well-drained soil, but will tolerate a range of light levels. Can be grown as a specimen tree or shrub.
Cornus kousa 'Satomi' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Moist to Average