Cornus kousa 'National'
Suitable Substitutions for Cornus kousa 'National'
More About Cornus kousa 'National'
- Overlapping, white flowers fade to pink and are earlier than other kousa cultivars
- Spherical, red fruit, up to 3 cm in diameter are held singly and resemble raspberries
- Dropping, dark green leaves
- Fall colour scarlet to red-purple
- Upright, vase-shaped habit
- Bloom Time: Late spring
The showy flowers seen on Cornus kousa cultivars are actually bracts surrounding the smaller, inconspicuous flower in the centre.
National Flowering Dogwood Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in medium-moisture and an acidic, well-drained soil, but will tolerate a range of light levels.
Cornus kousa 'National' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum