Cornus kousa 'Crown Jewel™' (Madison)#PP16129
Suitable Substitutions for Cornus kousa 'Crown Jewel™' (Madison)
More About Cornus kousa Crown Jewel™ ('Madison') (PP16129)
- White flowers fade to pink
- Spherical, red fruit are held singly and resemble raspberries
- New leaves emerge red and yellow
- Fall colour scarlet to red-purple
- Narrow when young, wider with age
- Bloom Time: Late spring
The showy flowers seen on Cornus kousa cultivars are actually bracts surrounding the smaller, inconspicuous flower in the centre.
Crown Jewel™ Dogwood Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in medium-moisture and an acidic, well-drained soil, but will tolerate a range of light levels. Can be grown as a specimen tree or shrub.
Cornus kousa Crown Jewel™ ('Madison') (PP16129) Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum