Cornus kousa 'Galilean' (Galzam)
More About Cornus kousa Galilean ('Galzam')
- Large white bracts cover the tree in early summer, larger than the species
- Spherical red fruit, resembling raspberries, are borne singly
- Deep green leaves hold their colour through the summer
- Fall colour scarlet to red-purple
- Broad, bushy form
- Bloom Time: Late spring / Early Summer
The showy flowers seen on Cornus kousa cultivars are actually bracts surrounding the smaller, inconspicuous flower in the centre.
Galilean Dogwood Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in medium-moisture and an acidic, well-drained soil, but will tolerate a range of light levels.
Cornus kousa Galilean ('Galzam') Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum
Foliage ColorGreen (dark)