Cornus kousa 'Galilean' (Galzam)
More About Cornus kousa Galilean ('Galzam')
- Large white bracts cover the tree in early summer
- Spherical, red fruit are held singly and resemble raspberries
- Deep green leaves that hold thier colour through the summer
- Fall colour scarlet to red-purple
- Broad, bushy form
- Bloom Time: Late spring / Early Summer
The showy flowers seen on Cornus kousa cultivars are actually bracts surrounding the smaller, inconspicuous flower in the centre.
Galilean Dogwood Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in medium-moisture and an acidic, well-drained soil, but will tolerate a range of light levels.
Cornus kousa Galilean ('Galzam') Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Average to Dry Soils