Cornus florida 'Rubra'
More About Cornus florida 'Rubra'
- Masses of fragrant, pink flowers appear before the leaves
- Oval, glossy, red fruit held in clusters, are attractive to birds
- Drooping, glossy, green leaves
- Fall colour is shades of red
- Upright clump with tiered, horizontal branches
- Bloom Time: Spring
The showy flowers seen on Cornus florida cultivars are actually bracts surrounding the smaller, inconspicuous flower in the centre.
Pink Flowering Dogwood Growing and Maintenance Tips
Can be grown as a specimen tree or shrub. Plant in medium moisture and a well-drained soil, however, they will tolerate a wide range of soils. Thrives best in some shade and in full sun if roots are shaded.
Cornus florida 'Rubra' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeEarly Spring