Cornus florida 'Rainbow'
Suitable Substitutions for Cornus florida 'Rainbow'
More About Cornus florida 'Rainbow'
- Masses of white flowers with white centres appear before the leaves
- Oval, glossy, red fruit held in clusters are attractive to birds
- Drooping, variegated green and gold leaves are mildew resistant
- Fall colour scarlet to red
- Upright clump with tiered, horizontal branches
- Bloom Time: Spring
The showy flowers seen on Cornus florida cultivars are actually bracts surrounding the smaller, inconspicuous flower in the centre.
Rainbow Flowering Dogwood Growing and Maintenance Tips
Can be grown as a specimen tree or shrub. Grows best in medium moisture and a well-drained soil, however, they will tolerate a wide range of soils. Thrives in some shade and in full sun if roots are shaded.
Cornus florida 'Rainbow' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeEarly Spring