Cornus florida 'Cherokee Princess'
More About Cornus florida 'Cherokee Princess'
- Masses of white flowers with white centres appear before the leaves
- Oval, glossy, red fruit, held in clusters, are attractive to birds
- Drooping, glossy, green leaves are mildew resistant
- Fall colour is scarlet to red, almost pink
- Upright clump with tiered, horizontal branches
- Bloom Time: Spring
The showy flowers seen on Cornus florida cultivars are actually bracts surrounding the smaller, inconspicuous flower in the centre.
Cherokee Princess Dogwood Growing and Maintenance Tips
Can be grown as a specimen tree or shrub. Plant in medium moisture and a well-drained soil, however, they will tolerate a wide range of soils. Thrives in some shade and in full sun if roots are shaded.
Cornus florida 'Cherokee Princess' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeEarly Spring