Cornus x 'Celestial Shadow'
Suitable Substitutions for Cornus x 'Celestial Shadow'
More About Cornus x 'Celestial Shadow'
- White, overlapping, very showy flowers, mature to pink
- Sterile (producing no fruit), with resistance to diseases
- Glossy yellow and green, variegated leaves, with a pinkish-red tone in the summer
- Fall colour is orange and red
- Upright clump of tiered, horizontal branches
- Bloom Time: Spring
The showy flowers seen on some cornus cultivars are actually bracts surrounding the smaller, inconspicuous flower in the centre. This cultivar is a variegated mutation of Cornus x 'Celestial'.
Celestial Shadow Dogwood Growing and Maintenance Tips
Does not like full afternoon sun, even with shaded roots. Grows best with medium moisture, and an acidic, well-drained soil.
Cornus x 'Celestial Shadow' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeEarly Spring