Cimicifuga ramosa 'Pink Spike'
Also called Black Bugbane
More About Cimicifuga ramosa 'Pink Spike'
- AKA Actaea ramosa 'Pink Spike' or Actaea simplex 'Pink Spike'
- Long panicles of pink florets
- Dark bronze-purple foliage with compound, ternate, sharp-toothed leaves
- Excellent in mass, also used as a specimen
- Bloom Time: Late summer to mid-fall
- Flower Height: 150 cm
- Foliage Height: 90 cm
The odour emitted by the foliage and flower has insect repellant properties.
Purple-leaf Bugbane Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in a moist, rich, humus soil in a woodland setting. Consistent moisture is required to prevent leaf scorching. They may take several years to reach mature size and once established do not like to be disturbed.
Cimicifuga ramosa 'Pink Spike' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Moist to Wet Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall
Landscape usesWoodland/woods edge