Cimicifuga ramosa 'Brunette'
Also called Black Bugbane
More About Cimicifuga ramosa 'Brunette'
- AKA Actaea ramosa 'Brunette' or Actaea simplex 'Brunette'
- Pale pink to white panicles
- Deeply cut, dark purplish-brown leaves, rise to 80 cm
- Excellent in mass, also used as a specimen
- Bloom Time: Midsummer to mid-fall
- Flower Height: 150 cm
- Foliage Height: 80 cm
- Flower Size: 30 cm
The odour emitted by the foliage and flower has insect repellant properties.
Purple-leaf Bugbane Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in a moist, rich, humus soil in a woodland setting. Consistent moisture is required to prevent leaf scorching. They may take several years to reach mature size and once established do not like to be disturbed. The foliage develops best a sunny location with adequate moisture.
Cimicifuga ramosa 'Brunette' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Wet Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall