More About Chionanthus retusus
- Profuse, fragrant, white blooms with fringe-like petals
- Rounded, wide-spreading form
- Flowers produce olive-like, dark bluish-black fruit
- Foliage is bright green with whitish-green, downy undersides
- Fall colour is yellow
- Exfoliating gray-brown bark adds winter interest
- Bloom Time: May to June
Can be grown as a small, single tree or multi-stemmed shrub.
Chinese Fringetree Growing and Maintenance Tips
Adaptable to urban conditions, however, intolerant of dry sites. Grows well in full sun or partial shade.