Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Confucius'
Suitable Substitutions for Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Confucius'
More About Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Confucius'
- A slow-growing conifer with a conical habit
- Yellow and gold in colour on the outer foliage
- Rich green colour for the interior foliage
- Foliage is brightest in colour mid-spring, turning bronze in the winter
- Densely packed leaves are small with scales arranged like fans
- Small, spherical fruit late summer to fall
Hinoki Cypress Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in a soil that has a slightly acidic to a neutral pH, is moist and well-drained, in full sun. If planting in a southern exposure, prevent winter damage by keeping the plants well away from walls.