Cercis canadensis 'Appalachian Red'
More About Cercis canadensis 'Appalachian Red'
- Deep purple, sweet pea-like blooms appear almost neon red
- Prolific bloomer, although later than the species
- Semi-glossy heart-shaped green leaves
- Foliage emerges with coppery-red tones
- Upright, rounded canopy
- Fall colour is yellow-green
- Bloom Time: April
Redbud Growing and Maintenance Tips
Cercis tolerates varied soil conditions and pHs, but not wet soils. To promote general health, prune out dead branches. Can be a multi-stemmed clump or tree form.
Cercis canadensis 'Appalachian Red' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeEarly Spring