Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Pendula'
More About Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Pendula'
- A unique crown of graceful, weeping branches
- Round to oval leaves emerge reddish-purple in the spring, maturing to medium green
- Fall foliage is a bright yellow
- Tiny red flowers are not showy
- Emits an odour similar to cotton candy at certain times of the season
- Bloom Time: Spring
The leaf of the katsura tree resembles the leaf of a redbud tree (Cercis), hence the name Cercidiphyllum (Cercis = redbud genus and phyllon= Greek for "leaf").
Weeping Katsura Tree Growing and Maintenance Tips
A beautiful tree with its pendulous habit, Cercidiphyllum Pendula provides unique visual appeal in the winter. Katsura should be planted in a location that is protected from the sun during the heat of the day, strong winds and drought conditions. A rare bonus in a tree: Cercidiphyllum prefer soils with high pH.
Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Pendula' Characteristics
Moist to Average