Celtis occidentalis 'Magnifica'
Suitable Substitutions for Celtis occidentalis 'Magnifica'
More About Celtis occidentalis 'Magnifica'
- Upright, arching branches with a rounded, spreading crown
- Bark develops corky ridges, tan when young, turning gray at maturity
- Simple, ovate leaves, with serrated margins, are light green in the summer
- Foliage turns a bright yellow in the fall
- A hardy, shade tree that can tolerate a wide range of soil conditions
- 'Magnifica' was selected for its fast growth and resistance to insects
- Bloom Time: April to May
Magnifica Hackberry Growing and Maintenance Tips
Celtis can tolerate wind, pollution and a wide range of soil conditions, including wet, dry and poor soils.
Celtis occidentalis 'Magnifica' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Average to Dry Soils