Cedrus atlantica 'Glauca'
Cedrus atlantica 'Glauca Pendula' - Weeping Blue Atlas Cedar - Photo courtesy of Sean James Consulting & Design
More About Cedrus atlantica 'Glauca'
- Loose, pyramid when young, flat-topped when mature
- Needles range from greenish-blue to intense blue
- Long, blunt, soft needles are loosely spaced along twigs
- Cylindrical cones are held upright
- Unique blue stand-alone specimen
Frequently mistaken for a blue larch.
Blue Atlas Cedar Growing and Maintenance Tips
Somewhat drought tolerant once established in the landscape. Damage or stem breakage may occur in the winter from ice and snow accumulation. Protection (burlap wrap) from drying winter winds is recommended for young plants in an exposed location.
Cedrus atlantica 'Glauca' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Average to Dry Soils