Also called Blue Cupidone/Blue Succory
More About Catananche caerulea
- Unique buds open to light blue cornflower-like flowers with dark centres
- Flowers appear on tall, thin stems
- Foliage is made up of linear, gray-green, grass-like leaves
- Good for cutting, fresh or dried
- Bloom Time: Midsummer to fall
- Flower Height: 60 cm
- Foliage Height: 30 cm
In Greek and Roman times, Catananche was used to make love potions, hence the name "Cupid's Dart".
Cupid's Dart Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in an average to dry, well-drained soil, in full sun. Catananche is a short-lived perennial, but often self-sows.
Catananche caerulea Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils