Catalpa x erubescens 'Purpurea'
Suitable Substitutions for Catalpa x erubescens 'Purpurea'
More About Catalpa x erubescens 'Purpurea'
- AKA Catalpa bignonioides 'Purpurea'
- Irregular, open, rounded to narrow-oval crown
- New leaves are purple, fading to dark green, broadly ovate with heart-shaped bases
- Large fragrant white flowers are marked with purple and yellow
- Flowers are followed by long narrow seed pods
- Bloom Time: June to July
Purple Catalpa Growing and Maintenance Tips
In the spring and summer, this tree has great visual appeal with its large purple and green leaves and outstanding flowers.
Catalpa x erubescens 'Purpurea' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average