Carpinus betulus 'Pendula'
More About Carpinus betulus 'Pendula'
- Rounded crown with graceful, pendulous branches
- Bark is a smooth, steely-gray colour
- Male and female, flower catkins appear before the leaves
- Ovate, sharp-toothed, dark green leaves
- Foliage turns a bright yellow colour in the fall
- Bloom Time: Spring
Weeping European Hornbeam Growing and Maintenance Tips
This tree provides excellent, visual appeal for lawns and parks. It can be pruned in late summer to highlight its unique, branching habit.
Carpinus betulus 'Pendula' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Average to Dry Soils