Carpinus betulus 'Fastigiata'
More About Carpinus betulus 'Fastigiata'
- Narrow, upright form with vertical branching
- Ovate, sharp-toothed, medium-green leaves
- Foliage turns yellow-orange in the fall
- Attractive yellow or green catkins
- Smooth gray bark has distinctive muscle-like fluting
- Bloom Time: Early spring
Pyramidal European Hornbeam Growing and Maintenance Tips
The narrow growth habit of this cultivar allows it to be shaped into hedges, arches or for topiary. It will also tolerate urban conditions and drought, making it a good selection for street boulevards.
Carpinus betulus 'Fastigiata' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeEarly Spring