Carex muskingumensis 'Oehme'
Also called Oehme Sedge
More About Carex muskingumensis 'Oehme'
- Small clump-forming grass with a mounding, cascading habit
- Bright green foliage gives way to distinct yellow striping along the margins
- Margin colour of foliage will intensify as the season progresses
- Small, golden-brown flowers
- Drooping seed heads are brownish and long-lasting
- Bloom Time: Late spring
- Grass Type: Cool season
Cool Season Grasses: These grasses do the majority of their growing in early spring and start again when temperatures start to cool in the fall. During the warmer summer months, they stop growing and some will even go dormant. Cool season grasses flower in the spring or early summer. Most cool season grasses grow best in a consistently moist soil.
Variegated Palm Sedge Growing and Maintenance Tips
This sedge thrives in full to partial shade in a moist, well-drained soil and will tolerate full sun only with adequate moisture. Dead tops should be removed in fall or early spring to make way for new growth.
Carex muskingumensis 'Oehme' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Moist to Wet Soils