Buddleia davidii 'Royal Red'
Also called Summer Lilac
More About Buddleia davidii 'Royal Red'
- Long, upright panicles of fragrant, purple-red florets
- Arching branches display gray-green leaves
- Attractive to butterflies
- Popular as a fresh cut flower
- Bloom Time: Midsummer to mid-fall
Butterfly Bush Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plant in a well-drained soil, in full sun. Removing spent flower spikes will promote additional blooming. Prune back in late winter to maintain shape, and encourage growth and flowering for the following season.
Buddleia davidii 'Royal Red' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average