Buddleia davidii 'Black Knight'
Also called Summer Lilac
Buddleia davidii 'Black Knight' - Black Knight Butterfly Bush - Photo courtesy of Van Belle Nursery Inc.
More About Buddleia davidii 'Black Knight'
- Long, upright panicles of fragrant, deep purple florets
- Arching branches display gray-green leaves
- Attractive to butterflies
- Popular as a fresh cut flower
- Bloom Time: Midsummer to mid-fall
Black Knight Butterfly Bush Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plant in a well-drained soil, in full sun. Removing spent flower spikes will promote additional blooming. Prune back in late winter to maintain shape, and encourage growth and flowering for the following season.
Buddleia davidii 'Black Knight' Characteristics
Moist to Average